Certificates

IFS stands for International Featured Standards; it’s a quality management system for food processing companies. An extensive checklist is used to assess companies on the basis of two criteria: food safety and quality. Requirements for IFS certification are getting stricter every year. DANVO Bakeries was pleased to be able to renew its IFS certification for 2017/2018: version 6 ‘Higher Level’.

 

It’s easy to recognise organic bread from the EKO label. No chemical pesticides or fertilisers are used in any aspect of organic farming. The same applies for genetic engineering. A minimum of 95% of the raw ingredients used to make organic bread will be organic; the remaining 5% of non-organic ingredients include yeast, salt, sourdough, baking ferment, water and bread improvers.